To find places in Yolo County related to specific recreational activities, see the Recreation page and click on the appropriate recreational activity.
Cities and Nearby Towns
Places are listed in order of travel time required to reach them. The travel time shown is from the nearest town in Yuba or Sutter Counties, except when that travel time is an hour or longer, in which case the travel time shown is from Yuba City or Marysville.
- Knights Landing is a 5-minute drive south from Robbins.
- West Sacramento is a 30-minute drive south from Pleasant Grove or Verona, or a 45-minute drive south from Olivehurst or South Yuba City, or a one-hour drive south from Marysville or Yuba City. It has a population of 47,782 (as of the 2009 California Department of Finance estimate).
- Woodland is a 15-minute drive south from Robbins, or a 45-minute drive southwest from South Yuba City, Yuba City or Olivehurst, or a one-hour drive southwest from Marysville. It is the county seat of Yolo County and has a population of 56,399 (as of the 2009 California Department of Finance estimate). Highlights include the Woodland Opera House.
- Dunnigan is a 25-minute drive west from Robbins.
- Davis is a 30-minute drive south from Robbins, or a one-hour drive southwest from South Yuba City or Olivehurst. It has a population of 66,005 (as of the 2009 California Department of Finance estimate).
Other Places of Interest
- Davis Wiki: Hiking and Backpacking
- Blue Ridge and Rocky Ridge
- Cache Creek Casino Resort is a 45-minute drive southwest from Robbins, a 1.25-hour drive southwest from South Yuba City, or a 1.5-hour drive southwest from Yuba City or Marysville.
- Davis Wetlands
- Northstar Nature Trail
- Putah Creek Riparian Reserve
- Putah Creek South Fork Preserve
- Vic Fazio Yolo Wildlife Area
- Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area
- Grasslands Regional Park
- Covell Drainage Channel Trail
- Davis Bike Loop
- Fitness Trails
- The Greenbelt
- Wildhorse Agricultural Buffer
- Willowbank Ditch
2010-07-26 20:54:44 Davis is located in Yolo County, so information about Yolo County should be posted directly on the Davis Wiki. The same username and password that enables editing on Yuba-Sutter Wiki also enables editing on the Davis Wiki. —BruceThomas