I wish that . . .
- Sacramento, Chico, San Francisco, the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, and the Pacific Ocean were all a shorter driving distance from here.
- everyone tried harder to preserve the local ecology.
- houses weren't built in flood plains, or flood protection were better along the rivers.
- jobs available here included a wider variety of industries (beyond just farming, the construction industry, education, health care, and retail).
- major bands would play in Yuba City, instead of just Sacramento or San Francisco.
- migrant farm workers were paid better.
- more actual Chinese people (or their descendants) lived in Marysville's historic Chinatown.
- racism, sexism, and homophobia weren't so common here.
- the drought weren't damaging the farming industry so much.
- the housing market crash hadn't damaged the local construction industry so much.
- we had a really huge bookstore anywhere in Yuba or Sutter Counties.
Add your wishes here!
2011-06-25 15:06:08 Yuba County Government —188.8.131.52