In many ways, the story of American can be told through the story of Baltimore.
With so many museums and attractions, Baltimore makes for plenty to do for residents as well as a great weekend trip for folks from out of town. Have fun exploring the different museums learning about the history of the city, state, and country. Go where the Star-Spangled Banner was written or where a train would stop on the way to Ohio. Learn about all different types of animals visiting the zoo or aquarium. If you are a sports lover, then Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium is a must visit.
The Walter Art Museum
- kid friendly, with special programs for kids on Saturdays between 10am and 3pm
Fort McHenry National Monument
- FREE to wander ground, but it does cost to enter fort if you don't have a National Parks Pass
- American Visionary Art Museum
- National Aquarium
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum
- National Great Blacks In Wax Museum
- Maryland Historical Society
- Maryland Science Center
- Port Discovery
- Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum
- Geppi's Entertainment Museum
Baltimore Museum of Art
- The Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Sports Legend Museum
- Baltimore Zoo
Duck Tour Amphibious Vehicle
- Family friendly way to see the shoreline of Baltimore from land and bay. The tour is conducted in an amphibious vehicle that serves as tour mobile. Tours sell out so order your tickets in advance. This is a lot of fun for kids.