.The Darien Guild of the Seven Arts was established in 1927 as a means of promoting local artists and their craft. Many nationally accalaimed artists who lived in and around Darien took part in the Guild's frequent exhibits, which were held first at the Guild Hall at 182 Boston Post Road (although the Guild location would change several times before its disbandment in the early 1940s). The Guild gained enough prominence to attract attention from outside of Fairfield County, most notably from Baroness von Lumba of Bohemia, who visited the organization numerous times and gave a talk on photography and modern art at the Guild in 1930.