APASU raises awareness about the Asian Pacific Islander Americans (APIA) community, its rich, history, and its many invaluable contributions to our society. Beyond encouraging the younger generations of APIAs to learn more about their heritage and identity, APASU works to help students gain civic and political empowerment, cultivate professional development, and strengthen one's own interpersonal dynamics.
APASU's mission is to increase the level of awareness and consciouness of Asians and APIAs at the University. It serves as the voice for the University's APIA community by working in collaboration with other organizations and cultures.
The Asian Pacific American Student Union (APASU) was founded in Fall 1998 by Keith Chow and is an organization under the Office of Student Activities and Leadership (OSAL-1071 Webb Center).
APASU formed as a sister organization to the Filipino American Student Association (FASA). It was reformed by J Guzman in 2007 after it had become dormant and became the APASU we know today.
- Executive Board: 2013-2014
|Francis Gonzalez||Internal Vice President|
|Waldon Chen||External Vice President|
|Anjelika Bench||Director of Finance|
|Jesseca Carter||Director of Administrative Operations|
|An Pham||Director of Marketing|
|Daniel Yuen||Co-Activities Chair|
|Kalie Chan||Social Media Chair|
- Executive Board: 2012-2013 (Current)
|Eric Diep||Internal Vice President|
|Andrew Le||External Vice President|
|Peter Rojanavongse||Director of Finance|
|Sidney Kot||Director of Fundraising|
|Francis Gonzalez||Director of Administrative Operations|
|Kayla Thinh||Director of Marketing|
Events and Programs
Special Events and Guests
- APASU's Logo is a spectrum of colors to represent the diversity of background and cultures the organization's members.
- APASU's Advisors are Lesa Clark, the Associate Dean for the Office of Intercultural Relations (OIR- 2114 Webb Center) and David Rho, Associate Professor in the English Department.
- APASU received an office on the second floor of Webb Center in Fall of 2011
- For election season, Executive Board member Eric Diep has rapped his speech for two consecutive election terms
- APASU's leaders Janille DeGuzman, Nam Phenom and Vena Amber Thichangthong won consecutive back to back OSAL awards for APASU from 2008,2009, and 2010.
- A catastrophic freak time machine accident made members Stanley Zheng and Jeddidiah Ferrer each others respective Bigs and Littles.
- Asian-Pacific American Student Union Website http://apasu.webnode.com/