Note: Verify that sledding hills are open to the public and safe. Use common sense and don't trespass.
Feel free to add any public sledding locations by clicking the "Edit" button above.
The letters correspond to the markers on the map below
- (A) Hollywood Cemetery - Located in Downtown Richmond near Oregon Hill.
- All Richmond City public parks allow sledding after snowfalls. The parks listed below are particularly popular for sledding:
- (D) Boatwright Lawn - In front of Boatwright Library at The University of Richmond.
- (E) Westham Park - Just south of Patterson Avenue on Baldwin Road.
- (F) Chimborazo Park - At the far east of of E. Grace Street near Church Hill.
- (G) Libby Hill Park - Just off the 2700 block of E. Main Street in Church Hill.
- (H) Virginia War Memorial hill on Belvidere Street.
Sledding is allowed in all the city parks after snowfalls during the winter. Sledding on sheets of metal or similarly dangerous material or the use of any sort of mechanized devices on the slopes is prohibited. All parks close at dusk and sledding is prohibited after the park closes.