Jefferson Square is a 5.6 acre green space located at 950 Gough Street in the Western Addition neighborhood of San Francisco, California.
This is one of the older parks founded in the city, and in the early 1900's, Jefferson Square was 11 pastoral acres in size. After the April 1906 earthquake, refugee camps (tents and wooden shacks) were set up in this park by the United States Army; housing roughly 1500 to 2000 people. In October 1907, the refugee camp closed. By 1924, the park was reduced in size.
It is a dog-friendly park, and has a fenced dog play area.