GAZE UPON ITS SPLENDOR (photo by Jon Sullivan from pdphoto.org)

The Palace of Fine Arts was built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition and remains the only structure left  from the fair. Greek and Roman architecture themes influenced Palace designer, Bernard Maybeck. In 1965, the Palace was stripped to its bare metal and rebuilt for future generation to enjoy.

The Palace is inside a park of the same name with a large lagoon. Adjoining the palace is a theater, and a fun for all ages science museum.

3301 Lyon St at the north east corner of The Presidio

Links