The San Francisco rental market is totally crazy.
There are even many situations when people bid up already-high rents for apartments.
Median rent is a popular metric for just how crazy things are. There are terror maps that show median rent across the city and these maps periodically get updated with new terrifying numbers.
In April, 2014 the median rent in SF is $3,200. [source]
Learn more about:
News & External Links
- 2012-05-14: "The Bad News: As Suspected, Rental Rates Have Increased Dramatically Over the Past Year" Curbed SF
- 2012-10-23: "San Francisco Rental Market Drives Applicants to Extremes" KQED
- 2012-10-27: "All Together Now: The S.F. Rental Market Is Insane" SFist
- 2013-07-19: "New S.F. Rent Map Says 1 BRs Now Average $2,800" SFist
- 2013-09-16: "New S.F. Rental Price Map Soaked In The Blood Of Low-Income Renters" SFist
- 2013-09-19: "Map: San Francisco’s Affordable Rent Gap Is Enough to Make You Sick … Literally" KQED
- 2014-04-14: "Are You Sitting Down? SF's Median Rent Rate is $3,200/Month" Curbed SF