Victorian residence built by Dr and Mrs Benjamin Lyford at Strawberry Point. It was moved from the Strawberry Peninsula to the present location in 1957.
The National Audubon Society acquired the house and adjacent property in 1961.
Lyford House is a Registered National Historic Landmark at the Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary.
The mansion grounds is frequently used for events such as weddings.