Like any city Akron has some oddities that make it loveable. Here's some ones to make sure you see.
- Big Chuck and Lil' John - Was a long running local TV show that may still appear as filler.
- Dr. Bob's House - Where Alcoholics Anonymous began.
- Goodyear Blimp Hangar
- Home-Made Star Wars X-Wing Fighter
- Kent State Killings - Taking the Bullet Hole Tour which is a self-guided tour where you can see the holes from the bullets fired at Kent State's students, and the spots where four of them died.
- Life Size Rhino - At Kent State a fiberglass Rhino is out in the open.
- Mechanical Barbie and the Band of Many Kens - A creepy mechanical music box group.
- Quaker Square Inn at The University of Akron Hotel - Is a hotel built from a converted grain silo.