The City of Chico General Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 where three seats on the Council will be considered by the voters. Seats currently filled by: Councilmembers Coolidge, Sorensen and Vice Mayor Fillmer.
The term of office commences on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 and ends in December 2022
Per http://www.chico.ca.us/city_clerk/election_information.asp as of 4/11/2018 eight candidates have filed to run for the city council for 2018:
- Andrew Coolidge - https://facebook.com/CoolidgeChico/- current councilmember running for re-election
- Jeremy Markley - https://facebook.com/jeremymarkleyforcitycouncil/
- Heather Minton - https://www.facebook.com/MintonforChico/
- Richard Ober - https://www.facebook.com/OberforChico, http://www.oberforchico.com/
- Matt Gallaway - https://www.facebook.com/gallawayforchico
- Scott Huber - https://www.facebook.com/ScottHuberChico/, https://scotthuberchico.com/,
- Kasey Reynolds - https://www.facebook.com/kaseyforcitycouncil/. Endorsed by Vice Mayor Reanette Filmer who is not running for re-election, also endorsed by current Mayor Sean Morgan.
- Ken Rensink - https://www.facebook.com/kenforchico/ http://kenrensink.com . Former two-term Chico City Planning Commissioner.