|1409 W. Green, Urbana, IL 61801|
Altgeld Hall was built in 1897 and served as the original University Library. It received four major additions in 1914, 1919, 1926, and 1956, with the University Chime installed in 1920. The National Register of Historic Places placed Altgeld Hall on their list in 1970. Today Altgeld Hall houses the Mathematics Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.