CU LocalWiki is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share local knowledge about Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. You're invited to share what you know about Chambana with the community and the whole world! It's a guide to Champaign-Urbana written by YOU.
Anyone can edit this website. Just click Edit at the top of any page and jump right in. Your contributions will help make CU Wiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! The power is at your fingertips. Read our Introduction to get started or just browse around and enjoy.
New to the Area?
Here are some pages on the wiki that could be useful:
Help build CU Wiki By:
- Creating a new page for something that's not here yet, or adding your idea to the To Create page.
- Editing information that is here. For example, these stub pages need some love and attention, much like a puppy.
- Read through the Stylistic Guide and help make the site more user friendly.
- Practice creating or editing a page in the Sandbox
- Adding tags at the bottom of the page to help the information more searchable.
- Reporting a bug/problem you've encountered on CU Wiki.
- Telling people about the site!
- Joining the CUWiki Initiative.
- Participating in our LOGO CONTEST.
Where can I Learn More About CU Wiki?
- Read the Introduction to CU Wiki.
- Check out the FAQ!
- Read our internal conversations.
- Finding the "internal" tag.
- Learn about the Local Wiki Project.
- Check out our Youtube channels!
Interesting Pages You Might've Missed:
- WiFi speeds at coffee shops or public locations
- Farmer's Markets
- Heartland Maker Fest 2014
- I want to learn...
- Center for Children's Books
- Street Art
- Downtown Urbana Businesses
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Web Design
- Art in CU
- Hauntings of CU
- Community Websites
- Carpentry, Home Repair, General Fix-em-up Needs
Wiki editing tips to help with your wiki editing fun.
December 10, 2012: Having trouble with tags? After clicking “edit tags” at the end of a post, start typing and the auto-complete function will provide a list of possible existing matches. If offered more than one option (i.e.schools and school), choose the one with the most existing links. Most importantly, use words that you would use if searching for that page. Happy tagging!