Cheap / free
- ThinkDetroit weblog has a post about two ways; set up a small horseshoe rink!
- Plant sunflowers
- Kent U's LandLab has published a series of books & booklets detailing some land-reclamation projects, including expected costs.
- Hang up a sheet, find a projector and speakers, and play movies for your neighbors!
- Install a picket fence; it will discourage dumping and look better
- Make a mini-library and recruit volunteer librarians?
- You can start an urban garden.
Big revitalization plans that take lots of money
- Make Loveland, selling square inches of a lot.