Sam Riddle is a convicted criminal. The media can be like vultures and often the court of public opinion can sink a case and discredit an individual before a project or trial is underway. Sam Riddle has extensive experience on both sides of the table be it as an advocate for change that points the finger, while highlighting salient issues or defending the accused (unjustly) of wrongful behavior.
Sam's experience in adverse condition handling is a form of crisis management with a focus on conflict resolution.
Sam is an honorably discharged Viet Nam-Era Veteran, who acquired a G.E.D. after dropping out of school to enlist.
Sam Riddle earned a B.A. degree from Michigan State University's James Madison College with a major in ethnic and religious intergroup relations. Riddle received his juris doctor degree from the University of Michigan School of Law. In addition, Sam Riddle has over 30 years experience in management, political and media consulting with an emphasis on crisis management.
Sam Riddle was a political consultant for Councilwoman Monica Conyers. He was sentenced to 37 months in prison in 2010 after pleading guilty to bribery charges.
Indicted in July 2009 on federal charges: two counts of conspiracy, three counts of extortion, one count of mail fraud, three counts of bribery, and one count of false statements. He and Conyers extorted money from people seeking City contracts and other approval, including strip clubs, restaurants, a technology company, a pawn shop. Many of the bribes were over $20,000. The maximum sentence for the charges is 20 years in prison.
- Riddle's lawyer is David Steingold (July 2009)
- Andrew Arena is the FBI Special Agent in Charge in Detroit. (July 2009)
- U.S. Attorney Terrence Berg
- Convicted consultant Sam Riddle finishes prison at Detroit halfway house. WXYZ, 28 September 2012
- Feds: Conyers, Riddle teamed up to extort at least $65,000. Freep, 15 July 2009. http://www.freep.com/article/20090715/NEWS01/90715048/Riddle--Waters-indicted-on-bribery-charges
- Sam Riddle's mouth keeps running despite fed probe. Freep, 9 August 2009. http://www.freep.com/article/20090809/NEWS01/908090522/?imw=Y