The building at 144 South Division was constructed in 1928 by the Loyal Order of the Moose. This building housed the lodge rooms on the upper floors. The First floor was leased to various tenants, including a used car dealership, a hardware store, and a janitorial supplies company. Degage Ministries, a community center which works to develop relationships with area residents, encourage community, volunteerism, and helps facilitate programming in conjunction with other neighborhood agencies now occupies the building.
[[address:=144 South Division]] is located in the Heartside-Downtown neighborhood. Geographic coordinates are 42.960765° N, 85.667728° WLatitude: 42°57′38.754″N
Portions of this post were originally written by Heather Ibrahim for the Heartside Mainstreet Program, reproduced with permission.