Old Address: 15 Ampersand Avenue

Other names: The Saranac (1908 Sanborn map)

Year built:

Other information: The hotel started as the "Saranac;" it appears in the 1902 Village Directory as "the only $1.50 per day house in the Adirondacks... John Weir, Proprietor." In 1912, it was bought by Allen W. Russell, who had previously operated the "Russell House" in Faust. 1. The Russell Hotel went out of business in 1917 2 In 1920, it was pressed into service to accommodate twenty ex-servicemen. 3 The building was still standing as late as 1945. (Sanborn Maps)

Other historic properties



1. Tupper Lake Free Press and Herald, January 5, 1912
2. The Adirondack Record, September 7, 1917
3. Ticonderoga Sentinel, March 4, 1920