Doon Pioneer Park Community Centre, located at 150 Pioneer Dr. in Kitchener, has been serving Doon Pioneer Park and surrounding community since 1989.
In addition to recreation, leisure programs and special events, the centre is equipped to offer rental space. The fully accessible building features a multipurpose room, and two smaller event rooms. Adjacent to the multipurpose room and meeting room is a warm/serve kitchen with bar serving facilities and a walkout patio which backs onto green space.
City of Kitchener sponsored activities include:
- Youth outreach program three nights per week (offered in the spring and fall)
- Mobile skate park events every Friday evening in the summer
- Daytime summer playground programs
- Evening summer youth drop-in
- Summer water splash pad open 7 days per week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., no charge
- Two outdoor winter rinks located at the centre.
Doon Pioneer Park is also available for rent for meetings and special events.
The Doon Pioneer Park community association provides regular programming and annual special events including:
- Programs, appropriate for all ages from preschool to senior
- Preschool, dance, gymnastics, sports and fitness/wellness are offered
- A variety of drop-in programs
- Special events held throughout the year include:
- Youth dances
- Friday family fun nights
- Children's Easter, Halloween and Christmas parties
- Earth Day clean-up event,
- One-day ball-hockey and volleyball tournaments
- Annual two-day Volleyball Classic
- Arts and crafts show and sale
- Christmas Miracle project
- Area school scholarships
- Community sponsorships
- Family Fun Day/Band Blast, in partnership with the city
- Ongoing partnerships with the following groups provide additional services:
- Kitchener Public Library - Pioneer Park branch
- K-W Counselling outreach worker
- Connect KW
- Southwest Optimist Club
- Community garden plots
A full list of programs can be found in the Doon Pioneer Park Community Association's newsletter which can be found by visiting the DPPCA's website. or in the City's Leisure magazine. You can also visit the The centre is conveniently located within close access to the 401 and walking distance of public transit. Visit Grand River Transit for route information and schedules.
For more information, please call 519-741-2641