|301 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W, Mississauga||In the City Centre beside City Hall|
|Day||October 12 '08 to May 22 '09||May 23 '08 to October 10 '08|
|Mon to Fri *||8 am - 9 pm||Friday - Closed at 6 pm (resumes Oct. 13)|
|Sat||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Sun||Closed||no change - except Sunday on holiday weekends - Closed|
- 5 floors arranged by subject with colour coded materials
- 244-seat Noel Ryan Auditorium
- 5 meeting rooms available for public use
- 2 levels of free underground parking with 450 spaces
- Internet access for the public
- Word processing workstations
- Study Carrels and Study Rooms
- 24-hour book drop
- Security staff on duty
There Library has a large children's section. There a small lighthouse right in the middle which looks a lot like the Port Credit lighthouse.
There's a small snack bar called Great Expectations (a Charles Dickens novel) right when you enter the Library.
The Central Library will be participating in Doors Open in 2011
Things you can do for FREE at the library
- You can see movies for free in the summer at the Central Library Movie Screenings during the week.
- The Central Library Sciences Department is hosting a series of free science talks by the Royal Canadian Institute for the Advancement of Science in 2008 and 2009. See Science Series at Central Library for details.
- There is also a Drop In Family Storytime at the Central library which is free.
- Rise and Shine Drop-in Family Storytime
For a small fee the central library offers
- Movers and Shakers Baby Storytime. Its a program geared towards babies who crawl or beginning to walk.
- Alphabet Soup Toddler Storytime. An interactive storytime that focuses on letter knowledge.
- Laptime Baby Storytime. the program filled with stories, bounces and laughs for pre-walkers.
- Preschool Storytime. Program emphasizes picture books and action songs to stimulate the imagination.