<--back to Oakland Wiki Meeting Notes
Taken from email from Vicky
- The Oakland Wiki Jane Jacobs Walk is this Sunday, May 5th, from 1-3pm. We will be meeting at the Lake Merritt BART station at the entrance facing Madison Park.
We've been invited to two other Cinco de Mayo events:
- Fruitvale Cinco de Mayo: This is a HUGE event that will take place in downtown Fruitvale! We were invited by José Ortiz, who works for District 5 councilmember Noel Gallo.
- TacoConf: Learn about (and eat) Mexican food in Oakland (the history of Mexican foods and the food available here) and local Mexican food businesses. (This is a primarily bike-oriented event)
- Dennis and Vicky have been in contact with the people from the Peralta Hacienda Historical Park. They've invited us to do a District 5-themed editathon with them. We have proposed a tentative date of the 2nd week in July, and they will be confirming this with us shortly.
- As part of the Sudo Room's Hacking Sexual Health event series, Vicky proposed doing a Sexual and Reproductive Health-themed editathon in July (date dependent upon confirming with the Peralta Hacienda).