The Thompson Apartments were in a 3-story building at 521 West Grand (originally 521 - 22nd St.) The building was constructed about 1917. Since 1999, the building has been Rosa Parks House, a supported independent living home.
The exact year the building was constructed isn't known. William M. Smith purchased the building in 1917 from Lewis & Mitchell, the owners and builders, 1 and the apartments are called the Smith Apartments in the 1917 directory. The building was then purchased by Grant Swickard in 1920 from W.M. Thompson. 2