The North Arkansas Mining Company was incorporated in 1867. John F. Harrison of Pocahontas was president, J.E. Thompson of Powhatan secretary, and John C. Brickey of Independence, engineer. Shares in the company were 20 dollars. The company hoped to work the lead mines of Independence, Randolph and Lawrence County.
Daily Arkansas Gazette (Little Rock, Pulaski, Arkansas) · 10 Apr 1867, Wed · Page 3 mining company.pdf