Located on the St. Mary's School campus, East Rock (1834) and West Rock (1835) were built of stone discarded during the construction of the second State House. The twin buildings flank Smedes Hall, the school's main building; enclosed walkways connect the three buildings. The school chapel was located on the first floor of East Rock until 1857, when a separate structure was built for worship services.
|900 Hillsborough Street|
Raleigh Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places