Lochmere is a large Subdivision in Cary with nearly 2,000 homes. The neighborhood features a swim and tennis club, a golf course, miles of walking trails and two lakes.
- Home Types: Mostly single family homes, but also some townhomes and cluster homes.
- Mostly two-story homes in the $350,000 to $500,000 range, with some going as high as $1,000,000+
- Age: Construction started in the mid-1980s.
- The neighborhood started with the main Lochmere section, and then other sections were added: Lochmere Highlands, Lochmere Village
- Trends: The Lochmere Homeowner's Association recently purchased the swim and tennis club and made it available to all homeowners.
- Elementary: Swift Creek, Oak Grove, Dillard Drive
- Middle: Dillard Drive, East Cary, Lufkin, West Cary, Apex
- High school: Athens Drive, Cary, Apex
Local Government Contacts
[From the April 2012 Newsletter]
|Cary Parks, Rec. & Cultural Res.||Doug McRainey - Director||469-4066||[email protected]|
|Cary Police Department||469-4012 - Communications Ctr.||226-2746||Crime Stoppers|
|Cary Town Council||Jack Smith - District C||816-0999||[email protected]|
|Cary Town Council||[email protected]|
|Wake County Commissioner||Erv Portman - At Large||557-2820||[email protected]|
|Wake Co. Schools Reps||Susan Evans - District 8||431-7331||[email protected]|
|Wake Co. Schools Reps||Debra Goldman - District 9||678-1090||[email protected]|
|State Representative||Nelson Dollar||715-0795||[email protected]|
|State Senator||Richard Stevens||733-5653||[email protected]|
- Swim and tennis club
- Golf Course
- Miles of walking trails
- Sidewalk and bike trails along Lochmere Dr.
- Two lakes, one with a boat dock and the other with a paved walking trail
- Less than a mile to Waverly Place, Crescent Commons, Wellington Park shopping center,
- Less than two miles to Crossroads Plaza Mall
- Hemlock Bluffs
- Maria Dorrel Park
- What are the weaknesses of the neighborhood?
This is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share the local info about Raleigh, North Carolina. You are invited to share what you know about the people, places and things in Raleigh - especially the weird, little enjoyable things.
Everyone in Raleigh can edit this website! Just click Edit at the top any page and jump in. Your contributions will help make Raleigh LocalWiki even more useful. Can't find a page on something? Make one! The power is at your fingertips. Visit the about page to get started or just browse around and enjoy.