Located on the campus of St. Mary's School, Smedes Hall is a three-and one-half story Greek Revival brick building. Originally built for the boys' school and called Main Hall, Smedes was renamed in honor of the Reverend Aldert Smedes, first rector and president of Saint Mary's School. It has been used as a multi-purpose building since the girls' school opened in 1842.
|900 Hillsborough Street|
William S. Drummond
National Register of Historic Places