|1110 West Capitol Ave., 1st Floor|
|West Sacramento, CA 95691|
|June 29, 1963|
The inland Port of Sacramento opened in 1963. It is located 79 nautical miles northeast of San Francisco, and is centered in one of the richest agricultural and industrial regions in the world.
Facilities and Terminals
- Depth Alongside: Project Depth 35ft'
- Five (5) berths: Each 600 ft. (183 m.) long
- Trucking: More than 50 companies provide a versatile range of services and equipment
- 8 Railroads: A 200 railcar terminal area marshaling yard. BNSF Railway, Union Pacific, and Sierra Northern service the Port
- Commodity handling capabilities: Bulk rice and bulk grain elevators, bulk commodities bagging facility, dry bulk cargo warehousing
- Fugitive dust, washwater, and stormwater control systems
- Three (3) transit sheds
- Paved open storage area
Water Depth (Main entrance channel) Project Depth 30 ft. (9.1 m)
Overall Tonnage 1.3 million tons handled annually