(734) 485-2282 902 W Michigan Ave Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Brandy's, a family-owned liquor/convenience store at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Summit Street, was shut down in August 2011 for various liquor control violations, and general public nuisance complaints, including receiving stolen goods.
In August 2012, the Michigan Liquor Control Commission ruled that the owners could not renew their liquor license, nor could it be transferred to any family member or other party related to the current owners.
In the news
- Ann Arbor News, 5 February 2014. For sale: Problematic Ypsilanti liquor store listed for nearly $1 million
- AnnArbor.com, 23 April 2013: Problematic liquor store may reopen under new management
- AnnArbor.com, 29 August 2012: Ypsilanti's Brandy's Liquor Shop owners fined, liquor license to be transferred
- Store shut down, September 2009
- Consent Agreement City of Ypsilanti v. Brandy’s, March 5, 2009 (PDF) via YpsiNews.com
- Brandy’s Liquor Shoppe to remain open March 6, 2009 by Steve Pierce / YpsiNews.com
Owners of Brandy’s Liquor store and the City of Ypsilanti have resolved a nuisance lawsuit and the store will remain open. Judge Timothy Connors signed the Consent Order on Thursday.
- Talks continue as city nuisance suit goes to court, Ypsilanti Citizen, February 2009
- Brandy's (You're A Fine Store), East-cross.com, November 2008