Cleland B. Wyllie (October 30, 1906 - July 1979) was the director of media relations for the University of Michigan. He was born in Durand, a railroad center, and worked for two years for the Grand Trunk and Western before enrolling at the University of Michigan in 1926. He graduated from Michigan in 1930 and worked at the Owosso Argus Press as telegraph editor and at the weekly Durand Express as editor before joining the University of Michigan News Service in 1942. He served in the U.S. Army from 1943 to 1945 and returned to Ann Arbor to continue the rest of his career at Michigan.
Wyllie was a member of the Michigan Press Association, the Detroit Press Club, the University Club of Ann Arbor, and the Lexington Group, an organization of railroad historians. He served as publicity chairman for Michigan Week in 1970 and 1971.