East Ann Arbor encompassed the area around Packard and Platt roads, which now is part of the city of Ann Arbor. It is the contemporary community that emerged from the historic Malletts Creek Settlement.
East Ann Arbor was incorporated as a city under Michigan's Home Rule Cities Act on 2 September 1947 with a population of about 2000 residents. Fire service and police protection were the main issues that prompted incorporation. East Ann Arbor was annexed by the City of Ann Arbor on November 6, 1956 by an overwhelming majority vote in both cities, allowing the location to be served by Ann Arbor's full time fire department.
Mayors of East Ann Arbor
- Kenneth R. Wingrove 1947-49
- Carl H. Read 1949-53
- Leo A. Fredette 1953-55
- Robert W. Harrington 1955-56
East Ann Arbor government
- ca. 1948: EAST ANN ARBOR CITY Kenneth R. Wingrove Mayor; Maxwell Ambrose City Clerk; Charles G. Walquist Justice of Peace; Joseph T. Alef Fire & Police Chief; Otto K. Scheffler City Treasurer
- Inside the Eastside: a history of East Ann Arbor, Michigan, Mary Cruse, Pittsfield Township Historical Society. (Not online at that location, 2023-01-17)