Hutchins Hall is the main classroom and administrative building for the University of Michigan Law School.
625 S. State St.
- Hutchins Hall, History and Traditions, U of Michigan Law School
Cook wanted “the law school building” named after Harry Burns Hutchins, who had been Dean of the Law School from 1895-1910, and President of the University from 1910-1920. Hutchins was the person most responsible for Cook’s gift, first finding how successful Cook had been, and then nurturing what was often a difficult relationship for the next twenty years.