This cemetery is on a triangle piece of land located at the intersection of Sager and Fletcher Roads. The land was given by Noah Porter in 1839, but because of the location of the cemetery in the southern part of the township, near the community then known as Jerusalem, the cemetery was known then as the “Jerusalem Cemetery” for many years. In October of 1986, a stone was erected and defining it as the “Porters Cemetery.” The majority of the burials took place between 1839 and 1890, although the cemetery continued in use well into the 1900s. Now the cemetery is the responsibility of the Lima Township for the upkeep.