Meter rates are generally as follows:
- 5 cents for 14 minutes
- 10 cents for 28 minutes
- 25 cents for 70 minutes
Downtown Parking Lots
- Lot 1 - Flume St. and E. 2nd St.
- Lot 2 - 1st St. and Salem St.
- Downtown Parking Structure - Fourth and Salem
- Lot 4 - 5th St. and Salem St.
- Lot 5 - 1st St. and Wall St.
- Lot 7 - 2nd St. and Salem St.
January 1 - New Year's Day January 19 - Martin Luther King's Birthday February 16 - President's Day May 25 - Memorial Day July 4 - Independence Day (Saturday) September 7 - Labor Day November 11 - Veteran's Day November 24 & 25 - Thanksgiving Holidays December 24 & 25 - Christmas Holidays December 31 - New Year's Eve
The city is implementing a suite of new parking management strategies, in collaboration with the Downtown Chico Business Association. On July 15, 2008, the City Council directed staff to implement the recommendations in the DCBA's white paper WalkableDowntown.pdf.