Crofton Avenue runs North-east from George's Place to Crofton Road.
It was originally called Susan Place until 1876, and was changed to Crofton Avenue at the request of residents.
James Crofton (1758-1828) was a Harbour Commissioner from 1816 until his death. Balls History of Dublin records that Roebuck Castle was the seat of the Crofton family from about 1800 to 1856. Circa 1800, the castle was sold by Nicholas, 13th Baron of Trimlestown, to James Crofton, an official of the Irish Treasury and a commissioner for the construction of Kingstown Harbour. His son, A. B. Crofton was a also commissioner of Kingstown harbour in the 1820s, and high sheriff of County Dublin in 1842.