Dunleary Hill is a stretch of road as one enters the town from the direction of Monkstown.
Dunleary is the old name for the town until the name change in 1821 when the town became Kingstown.
On the seaward side of Dunleary Hill, there is a considerable drop to the former location of the Gasworks. This area is now occupied by apartment blocks, offices, and a vacant site, all of which are entered from Dunleary Road
On the landward side of Dunleary Hill, there is a large private garden owned by the residents of De Vesci Terrace and a tennis club