The 1870 maps show this area as greenfield, while the 1904 maps show Elton Park as an L-shaped road with 8 houses in 2 clusters close to the Castle Park Road end. The western end of the road, and it's continuation, Hudson Road had not yet been built.
By the 1911 census, House number 9 was under construction, while number 10 & 11 were occupied. The number of occupants was 47. Houses numbered 1,5, and 10 were classified as 1st class houses, based upon the combination of the numbers or rooms and windows.