The village of East Grand Rapids was settled in the 1830's when the Reed family moved to the area from New York State. The first lakeside pavilion on Reeds Lake was built in the 1870's. The lake is the focal point for the community of East Grand Rapids. Historically an amusement park sat on the shores of Reeds Lake, Ramona Park. Today Reeds Lake is marked by walking trails, the Grand Rapids Yacht Club, and a fine restaurant, Rose's on Reeds Lake. Rose's has historically had an Ice Golf tournament every February.
Land Area: 283 acres
Walking trail: 4.2 miles around
Deepest Point: 52 ft deep
Photographs courtesy of the East Grand Rapids Library History Room