54 Park Avenue, March 1984Address: 121 Park Avenue

Old Address: 54 Park Avenue

Other names: M.E. Leonard (1920s), Malone Cottage (1911), Marlowe Cottage (1911), Starks Cottage (1912), Jacobson (Jewish) Cottage (1933); DIS

Year built:

According to the 1916 TB Directory, the Coleman Cottage at 54 Park Avenue, run by Mrs. J. Coleman, had room for eleven patients, had four cure porches and charged $12-18 per week.

In 1920, James O. Jackson was a patient here.

Around 1935 the Jacobson Jewish Cottage provided kosher curing for tuberculous Jews.


Other historic properties