We would like to express our indebtedness to the following people and organizations, without whom this project would have been impossible:
- Michele Tucker, curator of the Adirondack Research Room of the Saranac Lake Free Library for her frequent help and her thorough knowledge of the collection.
- Peter Crowley, managing editor of the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, who graciously agreed to allow us to incorporate text and images from the newspaper's archives.
- The Northern New York Library Network, for digitizing the archives of the Enterprise and the other newspapers of the region.
- Philip "Bunk" Griffin, host of Bunk's Place
- And especially the many community members who have shared family history and photographs with us.