Address: 267 Kiwassa Road
Old Address: 40 Kiwassa Road
Other Names: Sutton Cottage (1932) DIS 1932
Year built: before 1925
The house was first owned by John R. Freer, president of the Adirondack National Bank in the 1920s. In 1926, the house was rented by Bettie and Hallie Sutton who had moved to Saranac Lake due to Hal's TB. They eventually bought the house and added the wing with the cure porches. Hal Sutton died in 1939.
Adirondack Daily Enterprise, December 21, 1953
Miss Nancy McCormick, student at the University of Michigan, and her sister, Miss Phyllis McCormick, student at Cornell Law School, Ithaca, are spending the holidays with their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford McCormick, of 40 Kiwassa rd.
2010-03-05 12:02:06 Alfred Eisenstaedt, Life magazine photographer, photographed this house in 1937. —220.127.116.11