The Sisters Farm on Hobart Road, Gabriels, was acquired in 1905 by the Sisters of Mercy as an adjunct to Sanatorium Gabriels. The Sisters developed the (probably pre-existing) 200-acre farm into a state-of-the-art farm for the production of uncontaminated food for their patients. Still known today as the "Sisters Farm," its great barn — visible from the nearby highway — is a landmark in Gabriels. The owners have won awards for the preservation of the barn.
Howard Riley grew up on this farm.