According to a plaque there, 4460 Howe Street was an 1898 residence of families connected with nearby Saint Mary's Cemetery and Mountain View Cemetery. Some also had their businesses there. The building originally belonged to Angus McIsaac, superintendent of Saint Mary's. There was a florist in the early 1930s, and then Antonio Gomez Bras had a marble and granite showroom there. The granite columns are all that remain.