El Rey Burlesk Theater was located at 3520 San Pablo Avenue and managed by Lillian Hunt. El Rey opened as The Plaza Theatre in 1927 and was renamed El Rey in 1927. In 1939 it was renamed World Theatre and closed in 1957.
El Rey stood where 580 now runs over San Pablo.
photo c Marshall W McDonald, fair use via Selections from the collections of the Oakland History Room and the maps division of the Oakland Public Library
1951 Sanborn excerpt