Manzanita Recreation Center
2701 22ND AVENUE
phone: (510) 535-5625
fax: (510) 533-4068
SPRING HOURS (March – June 20)
MW; 2–9p TuTh; 11a–7p F; 7a-9p Sa; 12:30– 5p
SUMMER HOURS (June 21 – Labor Day)
M-F; 8a–9p Sa; 12–4p
- Tot lot
- Picnic area
- Lighted outdoor basketball court
- Low to no cost recreational programs: a senior program, after school programs, youth sports leagues, camps, facility rentals, and much more.
- Community Garden
- MANZANITA AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM: comprehensive after-school program provides wide ranging activities including homework help, sports, arts and crafts, and gardening for elementary-aged youth. Programs run Monday through Friday from 2:45pm to 5:30pm. Participants can also be picked up from both Manzanita SEED, and Manzanita Community Schools.
- ERNEST ROBINSON SENIORS: Tuesday and Thursday afternoons are for seniors at Manzanita: healthy living classes, light aerobics and cooking demonstrations. Seasonal social activities include potlucks, bingo, senior fairs, golf lessons, and other outings.
- SUMMER LUNCHES: Free lunches for youth 1-18 years old, open to the public.
- Spring and Summer day camp
On April 27, over 40 community residents, youth, students, and families joined Rebuilding Together Oakland (RTO) and staff from the Office of Parks and Recreation's Manzanita Recreation Center to install a new community garden. Raised beds were installed to teach the community the importance of environmental stewardship and growing and eating healthy food. The garden is sponsored by RTO.
For more info: Marcelina Sanchez, Recreation Center Director, 535-5361