Oakland Fire Dept. Station 14 was at 4361 Champion St. from 1907 to 1951, and 4359 Champion St. after that. It closed as a fire station in [?] and became the home of the Oakland Fire Department maintenance department.

The original building was constructed in 1907 for the Fruitvale Volunteer Fire Department. It was used for meetings and storage after the new building was opened in 1951, and torn down in 1956. 1

There were plans for the city to sell the building, and discussions of turning it into a restaurant run by Cosecha in 2017. 2

1907 station in 1956 1

Links and References

  1. Old Firehouse Doomed Here Oakland Tribune August 1, 1956
  2. Closed Oakland fire station to become restaurant Oakland Tribune August 4, 2017