Taco prices around the town are on the rise again. The former street base price was at $1.25 pretty consistently but now many trucks are raising their prices to $1.50 or as much as (gasp) $1.75!
What could be causing this taco hike?
- speculation about the availability of cheap fresh produce because of the drought?
- the dollar falling with respect to the taco dollar?
- cabal of taco truck owners colluding in secret to raise prices and stifle competition?
- new overhead costs? (see taco SEMItruck at tacos sinaloa)
- supply and demand due to recent influx of hipsters from the mission?
- gentrification (okay, no clear link, but everyone's favorite bogeyman)
Is there a relationship between taco inflation and sake inflation??