Creal was born in 1899 in Kiantone, Chautauqua County, New York. During World War I, he served in the U. S. Navy. Creal married Dama Godfrey of Ann Arbor in 1925. He was an Episcopalian. Creal had two sons, Richard and Robert.
Creal ran for Ann Arbor mayor as a Republican in 1959. He defeated Democrat Lloyd M. Ives, and went on to win two more terms, triumphing over Democrats Dorothee S. Pealy in 1961 and Albert F. Schneider in 1963. Creal did not run for a fourth term in 1965.
- Mayors of Ann Arbor page at PoliticalGraveyard.com
- Arborweb "Weddings of Yore"
- Wikipedia: Cecil O. Creal
- Guy Larcom plants a tree on Arbor Day 1965, Ann Arbor District Library. (Mayor Creal watches intently from the far left.)
- Cecil O. Creal papers, 1959-1965, Bentley Historical Library
Republican mayor of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Correspondence, reports, newspaper clippings, and photographs, concerning the work of city departments and such issues as tax assessments, highway construction, the building of a new city hall, the fair housing ordinance and urban renewal.
- Cecil Osborn Creal, Find A Grave.