Former president and CEO of the Ann Arbor Area Chamber of Commerce, 2006-2009.
- Washtenaw County Community Mental Health Center from 1969-1973. Provided crisis intervention, health promotion services and training for volunteers and graduate students.
- Founded Western Wayne Counseling Associates, Inc. in 1973, WWCA provided individual, marital, and family counseling for mental health and addiction problems. Sold WWCA in 1979.
- Founded Employee Assistance Associates Inc. in 1982. Served the employees and their families of over 300 companies, offering counseling, management and policy consultation, and primary prevention activities. Sold EAA in 1996.
- President of Strategic Performance Planners, LLC, a firm specializing in developing and maintaining high performance cultures and human resource management strategies. Worked with Capacity Building Consultants to advise non-profits on staff and volunteer leadership, governance and strategic planning.
Bernstein holds a bachelor of arts degree in psychology from State University College at New Paltz, New York and a masters in social work in casework and community practice from the University of Michigan School of Social Work.
- Bernstein to Leave Ann Arbor Chamber, Ann Arbor Chronicle, June 2009
What’s next for Bernstein? He said he’s tried retirement before, but that he hadn’t managed to stay retired for long. First, though, he will take some time off. For the longer haul, he said, “I’ll still be around. I’m not going anywhere!” He also serves as a board member for the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority.
- Jesse Bernstein Appointed to AATA Board, AATA Press Release, 31 July 2008
- Capacity Building Consultants: Who We Are
In the news
- Jesse Bernstein Appointed to AATA Board, Mass Transit Magazine, August 2008
- Ergo standards measure could cost companies, Ann Arbor Business Review, March 2008
- Jesse Bernstein Named New Chamber President, Ann Arbor Chamber of Commerce, September 2006
- June #1 Chamber Express, Ann Arbor Chamber of Commerce, June 2006