The League was built in 1929 with support from the University Alumnae Council. It was originally the campus center for womens' activities (in a time when womens' access to the Michigan Union was restricted). The Regents took over the League in 1930; after a few decades, it morphed into the protoplasmic conference center or meeting space it is today. In 1992 it became one of the University Unions.
The League contains meeting rooms, study spaces, the Mendelsohn Theater, a hotel, Wendy's and Taco Bell fast food restaurants, and a cafe.
Web site: http://www.umich.edu/~league