- Morris Hall, Bentley Library
Morris Hall, at one time headquarters of the University Broadcasting Service and the University Band, was situated on State Street on the southwest corner of Jefferson Avenue directly across from the campus. It had been the home of Professor George S. Morris who came to the University in 1870 and served for many years as head of the Department of Philosophy.
In 1946, the band moved to a "new" home, Harris Hall, which during the War had been used as the University USO center. Revelli quipped that the band was making "progress" as it moved from a building built in 1854 -- Morris Hall -- to one built in 1888!